Monday, November 9, 2009

Roma

There really was nothing that could have prepared me for the city. I have seen photos and painting for as long as I remember. My mother is obsessed with the country and has been trying to get me to go for decades. I was completely struck by the buildings and streets. I took a lot of picture but it comes nowhere near to the feeling of size and power that being there has, I almost didnt want to take a photo because it made no sense. But of course I had to.
But besides that, I was there for the opening at the MACRO where I had 2 pieces hanging. I met a few great people, all whom are quite talented and super sweet. The food was amazing amazing amazing amazing......Now I am back in Berlin with shin splints from trying to see so much in 3 days. Today is the 20 year anniversary of the coming down of the wall. I will suffer my splints and go into the town to celebrate.
I am adding this link for my photos from Italy.

One more week and its homeward..




No comments:

Post a Comment